Skills and Development - Bolton
With a population of 280,100 (March 2015), Bolton is the sixth-largest employment centre in the North West. The borough has the most self-contained economy of any Greater Manchester authority bar the city of Manchester, as 66.8% of residents work within the borough.
An estimated 110,000 people are employed in Bolton, and its biggest industries are manufacturing, financial and professional services, and engineering (statistics courtesy of New Economy Manchester).
Below are some key figures highlighting the work of our Skills team in Bolton:
- 329 Chamber members
- 70 individuals engaged in the Employer Ownership of Skills (EOS) programme
- 18 EOS employers in the borough
- 54 skills reviews conducted
- 271 training plans created
- 372 employers engaged with through the Growth and Innovation Fund
For more information and to find out how we can help your business, call 0161 393 4321.