Skills and Development - Bury
With a population of 186,500 Bury’s main industries include public services, retail and manufacturing. Recent growth sectors include financial and professional services, and IT and digital. Bury has a strong entrepreneurial base relative to the rest of Greater Manchester, and a relatively large small business base.
The borough is one of Greater Manchester’s main commuting locations, with strong connectivity to Manchester (statistics courtesy of New Economy Manchester).
Below are some key figures highlighting the work of our Skills team in Bury:
- 217 Chamber members
- 92 individuals engaged in the Employer Ownership of Skills (EOS) programme
- 11 EOS employers in the borough
- 76 Skills Reviews conducted
- 323 training plans created
- 284 employers engaged through the Growth and Innovation Fund
For more information and to find out how we can help your business, call 0161 393 4321.