Skills and Development - Manchester
The city of Manchester is the economic and population centre of Greater Manchester. With a population of 514,400 (March 2015), Manchester is the third-most competitive large city in the UK. Its economic base is comprised of financial and professional services, health, and education.
The city is also home to the Corridor, one of Europe’s largest concentrations of knowledge assets (including several universities and the Manchester Science Park), and an international airport (statistics courtesy of New Economy Manchester).
Below are some key figures highlighting the work of our Skills team in Manchester:
- 1,212 Chamber members
- 242 individuals engaged in the Employer Ownership of Skills (EOS) programme
- 24 Apprenticeship Grants for Employers (AGE) provided
- 195 Skills Reviews conducted
- 702 training plans created
- 1,084 employers engaged through the Growth and Innovation Fund
For more information and to find out how we can help your business, call 0161 393 4321.