Skills and Development - Rochdale
Rochdale has a population of 212,100 (March 2015). Manufacturing remains the primary economic base of Rochdale, despite shrinking in recent years. Other main economic sectors are health, financial and professional services, and retail, and the creative and digital industries are recent growth sectors (statistics courtesy of New Economy Manchester).
Below are some key figures highlighting the work of our Skills team in Rochdale:
- 286 Chamber members
- 49 individuals engaged in the Employer Ownership of Skills (EOS) programme
- 20 Occupational Competency Reviews undertaken
- 81 Skills Reviews conducted
- 345 training plans created
- 349 employers engaged through the Growth and Innovation Fund
For more information and to find out how we can help your business, call 0161 393 4321.