Skills and Development - Stockport
Stockport is one of the most economically competitive boroughs in Greater Mamchester, with the second-largest business base of all GM local authorities and the second-highest proportion of private sector employment. Stockport’s major economic sectors are in financial and professional services, health and construction.
The region’s strong-private sector is exemplified in the borough’s number of registered enterprises, which is second only to the city of Manchester in GM (statistics courtesy of New Economy Manchester).
Below are some key figures highlighting the work of our Skills team in Stockport:
- 437 Chamber members
- 177 individuals engaged in the Employer Ownership of Skills (EOS) programme
- 28 Occupational Competency Reviews undertaken
- 75 Skills Reviews conducted
- 336 training plans created
- 490 employers engaged through the Growth and Innovation Fund
For more information and to find out how we can help your business, call 0161 393 4321.