Skills and Development - Tameside
Tameside has a population of 220,600 (March 2015), and the area’s economy is characterised by its manufacturing roots. Despite shrinking in recent years, manufacturing remains the biggest employment sector in Tameside, followed by health, retail, and education.
The area enjoys good connectivity with other areas of GM, particularly via roads and public transportation. Tameside has well-developed commuting links between most of GM, as well as neighbouring areas (statistics courtesy of New Economy Manchester).
Below are some key figures highlighting the work of our Skills team in Tameside:
- 209 Chamber members
- 129 individuals engaged in the Employer Ownership of Skills (EOS) programme
- 23 Occupational Competency Reviews undertaken
- 67 Skills Reviews conducted
- 262 training plans created
- 293 employers engaged through the Growth and Innovation Fund
For more information and to find out how we can help your business, call 0161 393 4321.