Skills and Development - Trafford
Trafford is the highest-ranked local authority in the North of England on the UK Competitiveness Index. The area has the third-largest business base in GM and the best business start-up and survival rates in the region.
Trafford’s main economic sectors are financial and professional services, retail, and manufacturing, and the area enjoys close labour market links with the city of Manchester (statistics courtesy of New Economy Manchester).
Below are some key figures highlighting the work of our Skills team in Trafford:
- 375 Chamber members
- 92 individuals engaged in the Employer Ownership of Skills (EOS) programme
- 24 Occupational Competency Reviews undertaken
- 89 Skills Reviews conducted
- 387 training plans created
- 430 employers engaged through the Growth and Innovation Fund
For more information and to find out how we can help your business, call 0161 393 4321.