Our Client specialises in the development and delivery of interactive and engaging digital content that connects with the needs of prospects, encourages interaction, builds brand awareness and increase sales. From innovative website designs through to unique corporate videos, we create a connected message that truly engages. We also develop online learning tools and technologies that support learners from LMS solutions through to assessment tools and learning content.
The main purpose of the role is to work as a member of the team producing high quality websites and other internet or e-based materials. You will be responsible for all web, web app and online development activities
Responsibilities and Duties
Web and online development
- To be fully responsible for the development, usability and testing of new and existing high quality client websites, ensuring that client requirements and deadlines are met. To ensure sites are browser compatible, SEO friendly and meet high web standards.
- To maintain and develop a range of online applications and technologies
- Work with our creative designers to build websites from concepts created in Adobe Photoshop and other tools
- Provide accurate estimates for timescales and deliver consistently against these timescales.
- To develop and administer on a day-to-day basis the company websites, ensuring that the sites meet accessibility and search facility standards.
- To continually design, develop and evolve the company web technologies to keep it commercially competitive.
- To continually evolve the web technologies and ensure they meet requirements on accessibility (W3C standards).
- To assist the Head of Development in the planning of overall company strategy regarding web development and search engine optimisation.
- To drive the development of Content Management based Systems (CMS)
This job description sets out the scope of the role of Web Developer at iDM, together with the main duties of the post at the date when it was completed. It does not include or define all tasks which the post holder may be expected to carry out. Duties may vary from time to time without changing the nature of the post or the level of responsibility. The post holder may also be required to carry out any other duties as required by their line manager.
Qualifications and Skills
Skills and specifications
- Experience working in coding HTML/CSS websites.
- Knowledge of using Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator.
- Willingness to improve knowledge of web languages.
- Competence in using Linux command line utilities
- Experience using PHP MVC frameworks (eg. Symfony, Laravel)
- Developing cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions.
- In depth knowledge of current coding techniques and best practices.
- A flexible attitude with proven experience of working in a small team.
- Organised with attention to detail.
- A good understanding of website information architecture for effective website performance.
- Good communication skills are essential for liaising closely with clients and colleagues at the design stage and throughout a project.
- Ability to use initiative and work under pressure to achieve tight deadlines.
Education and Qualifications
Web Developers must have comprehensive knowledge of databases, servers, operating systems, web animation and graphics.Web developers must have a solid knowledge in all of the following web technologies.
- HTML + CSS
- PHP (with MySQL data storage)
- Git version control
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £28,000.00 to £32,000.00 /year
- Web Development: 1 year