Apprenticeship Opportunities for Business
To register for this eventSEE BELOW
To attend this eventChamber Space, Elliot House 151 Deansgate M3 3WD Manchester City Centre
This FREE breakfast and networking event will give Non Levy paying companies the opportunity to discover more about the particular implications and benefits of the reforms
This breakfast and networking event, at Elliot House, will give you the opportunity to discover more about the particular implications and benefits of the upcoming reforms for Non Levy paying companies, and will include:
- Key information about the changes to Apprenticeships
- Funding available to non-levy payers
- Apprenticeships for Business
- Hear from University of Bolton, Manchester Metropolitan University and University of Salford
- Question and Answer panel with Non Levy paying businesses
- Greater Manchester Work & Skills Strategy – The Benefits of Higher Apprenticeships for SMEs (Nic Hutchins, Principal Skills Manager (Apprenticeships), Greater Manchester Combined Authority)
The Apprenticeship Levy was implemented in April 2017 through HMRC and all employers with a payroll in excess of £3million will be in scope for levy payments.
- 80% of Apprentices in Greater Manchester are employed by companies with less than 100 employees
- Apprentices make up c.2.4% of the GM workforce
This event is complimentary, however please register to confirm your attendance. If you have colleagues who would benefit from attending this, please forward this link to them.
What is the Apprenticeship Levy?
From April 2017, all employers with a wage bill of more than £3 million will pay an Apprenticeship Levy equal to 0.5% of their wage bill. The money generated will be used by these employers to pay for their apprenticeship training.
How you will pay for apprenticeship training as a Non Levy payer?
From May 2017, the government will pay 90% of the cost of your apprentices’ training and assessments. You will then pay the extra 10%. Or, if your organisation has less than 50 employees and you recruit an apprentice aged 16-18, there will be no cost to you for the apprenticeship training and assessments. It is fully funded by the government.
TO BOOK ON THIS EVENT PLEASE CLICK HERE
- Registration: 8.30am
- Close of meeting: 11.00am
Who is this suitable for?
Open to all businesses