With the introduction of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) drawing ever closer, you may be worried as to whether you will be in a position to comply. In fact, research firm Gartner predicts that over 50% of companies affected by the GDPR will not be fully compliant by the end of 2018.
With this in mind, Cyber Security experts Venom IT are hosting a GDPR and cyber security seminar to demonstrate what you need to do in order to comply in time for the May 2018 deadline.
The seminar will give you a key insight into the most pertinent points of the GDPR for businesses and the steps you need to take.
You will learn:
• How the GDPR applies to your organisation
• The steps you must take in order to comply by May 2018
• The risks of non-compliance
• What types of data fall under the GDPR
• How to prepare for changes to consent and data processing
• The positive implications of the GDPR and how complying can have a real benefit to your business
• The legal implications of the GDPR with guest speaker from corporate law firm Buckworths
• How to prevent data breaches
• Solutions for keeping your data safe to help you comply with the GDPR
• The key steps to a robust cyber security strategy
• Banking security tips with guest speaker from the Royal Bank of Scotland
• How to educate your staff and colleagues to spot cyber attacks such as spoofs and social engineering scams
• Christoan Smit, BDM and Data Protection Officer at cyber security specialists Venom IT
• Michael Buckworth, Managing Director at corporate law firm Buckworths
• Andrew Adshead from the Royal Bank of Scotland
• Frances Austin from the Downs Syndrome Association
Breakfast, tea and coffee will be provided and are included in the ticket price.
The money raised once costs have been covered will be donated to the Downs Syndrome Association.
Venue: Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce
TO CLAIM YOUR GMCC MEMBER DISCOUNT, PLEASE QUOTE GMCHAMBER WHEN BOOKING
No itinery to display