Funding Opportunities – Search for financial backing to support your business
Here at the Chamber, we are especially aware of how funding can help upskill and grow your business having delivered over £12 million worth of funding to over 6000 businesses across Greater Manchester, helping over 2000 staff gain new qualifications.
Funding is available for Greater Manchester employers wishing to employ an apprentice and who meet certain criteria. From 1st April 2015, and as set out in the GM Devolution Agreement, Greater Manchester will receive control of the Apprenticeship Grant for Employers (AGE). The criteria and model for GM AGE has now been approved and is as follows:
A GM AGE incentive is available to an employer offering any apprenticeship where:
- The apprentice workplace is in GM
- The company size is < 250
- They have not employed an apprentice in the last 12 months.
- The Apprentice is between the ages of 16 and 24.
Up to three GM AGE grants of £1,500 are available to any employer meeting the eligibility criteria. The model also includes additional incentive payments to encourage:
- Progressing a young person from a completed Traineeship to an Apprenticeship – £1,000 additional employer incentive.
- Employing an Advanced or Higher Apprenticeship – £1,000 additional employer incentive.
- Support to providers supporting Trailblazer Standard – £1,000 provider incentive.
Click here for more information about the Greater Manchester Apprenticeship Grant for Employers, or contact the New Economy team on 0161 237 4102.