Member News: Bolton Businesses Amongst The Most Loved In The Country
Feb 21st, 2012 - Last updated at Feb 29th, 2012
“We have been delighted by this year’s 14daysoflove campaign and the way the businesses of Bolton have really used the campaign to connect with local people."
After a frantic 14DaysOfLove campaign, run by thebestofbolton, searching for the most loved businesses in Bolton and the UK, 17 local businesses have been declared MOST LOVED in their industry sector and the two MOST LOVED businesses in the UK are Bolton businesses: The Chinese Buffet in top spot, closely followed by The Olympus Fish and Chip Restaurant in second place.
With over 14,500 local people sharing their love for local businesses in Bolton, the campaign was a huge success showing the regard the people of Bolton have for businesses in their town.
With over 45,000 businesses across the UK taking part in the competition, thebestofbolton are thrilled that 28 local businesses have achieved recognition in the top three in their sector.
Thebestofbolton is a Bolton specific marketing organisation dedicated to hunting out great local businesses that come by recommendation from local people who have used their services and can vouch for their skill and customer service.
One of our member businesses' employees, Nigel Howard of Good People Services, has been recognised as the ‘the best lover’ in Bolton, sharing his love for around 101 businesses he has come into contact with across thebestof network.
Congratulations to all those who took part and achieved recognition in what was a fantastic campaign.
The category winners are as follows:
- THE Chinese Buffet - THE MOST LOVED BUSINESS IN THE UK and Most Loved Chinese Restaurant in the UK
- The Olympus Fish&Chip Restaurant - THE 2nd MOST LOVED BUSINESS IN THE UK and Most Loved Specialist Restaurant in the UK
- WiseCraft Ltd - The Most Loved Builder in the UK for the second year running
- Cineworld Bolton - The Most Loved Cinema in the UK for the second year running
- Amity Law - The Most Loved Conveyancer in the UK
- Purple Property Shop - The Most Loved Estate Agent in the UK
- Red Chilli Design - The Most Loved Graphic Designers in the UK
- dot2dot - The Most Loved Insurance company in the UK
- Bolton Therapy Centre - The Most Loved Physiotherapist in the UK
- Type-IT - The Most Loved Secretarial and Virtual PA services in the UK
- Fieldings Porter - The Most Loved Solicitor in the UK
- Campcraft - The Most Loved Sports Goods Shop in the UK
- Digicomm BCS - The Most Loved Telecoms Provider in the UK
- Good People Recruitment Services - The Most Loved Recruitment Agency in the UK for the second year
- Bolton FM - The Most Loved Radio Station in the UK for the second year
- Love and Cherish - The Most Loved wedding planners in the UK
- The Albert Halls Bolton - The Most Loved Theatre in the UK
Thebestof bolton owner, David Ramsden, said: “We have been delighted by this year’s 14daysoflove campaign and the way the businesses of Bolton have really used the campaign to connect with local people and over 14,500 testimonials have been received in the period. In recognition of this tremendous effort, we will be holding a celebration evening at G-Casino on 8th March where all our winners and runners up will receive certificates and awards. As previous winners at the Bolton and Bury Business Awards, we will be encouraging all these businesses to enter the forthcoming business awards.”