Wigan Business Awards
Search Starts for the Wigan Business Stars of 2015
We are delighted to announce that we are now accepting nominations for the Wigan Business Awards 2015. The awards are sponsored by NatWest, with associate sponsorship from Wigan Council and celebrate business excellence across the borough, highlighting the achievements and hard work of a diverse range of Wigan businesses.
The seven categories have now been finalised and the deadline for entries is Wednesday 16th September. We will be accepting entries from member and non-member firms within the borough of Wigan and wish everyone the best of luck!
1. Business of the Year (turnover over £5m) - Sponsored by NatWest
This is the premier award in Wigan borough's business year for companies of any size, working in any commercial or industrial sector. The company must demonstrate:
- Turnover of at least £5million a year;
- A successful track record of excellence and achievement;
- Measurable growth, increased trading profit, new product/service development or new production techniques.
2. Family Business of the Year - Sponsored by Hull Jady
This award will recognise and celebrate the unique contribution family businesses have made to Wigan borough's economy, history and culture. The judging panel will look at areas including:
- Length of trading and family dynamics;
- Contribution to the local economy;
- Special achievements;
- Contribution to the community and the promotion of the area outside of the region.
3. Small or Medium Enterprise of the Year - Sponsored by Stephensons
The award seeks to recognise an SME or enterprise from any industry that has been operating for at least two years and has a turnover up to £5million. Judging criteria will be based on:
- A solid vision for the future growth of the company.
4. We're Backing Wigan Award - Sponsored by Wigan Observer
This award will recognise the enterprise, particularly a social enterprise or charity, which has:
- Secured publicity for itself, and helped to raise the profile of Wigan borough;
- Understood the needs of its local community and aims to help the borough through difficult economic times.
5. Exporter of the Year
Recognising the strength of British business overseas, this category focuses on international trade, asking for details of research used, challenges identified and how your business has adapted to those challenges. The judges will be looking for dedicated activity in these areas:
- Developing existing markets;
- Expanding into new markets;
- Training and languages.
6. Employer Supporting Apprentices Award - Sponsored by Link Contracting Services
This award seeks to applaud the efforts of those businesses and organisations who have demonstrated a commitment to recruiting and training the borough's young people by providing access to nationally recognised qualifications, particularly Apprenticeships or Advanced Apprenticeships. Shortlisted companies will need to demonstrate:
- A track record of recruitment;
- The provision of support for the learner;
- An approach to personal development opportunities that ensures the transition into the workplace for new employees is effective.
7. Something To Shout About Award
This award is for firms who feel they are world class examples of quality in business. Companies need to demonstrate what makes them special - a spectacular client base, superb staff, or an amazing innovation - to showcase our very best local business acumen! Judges will be looking at:
- Staff development;
- Customer service.
For further information, or if you have any problems or queries, contact Steven Nathaniel, Area Membership Manager for Wigan, via email@example.com or call 07889 604 204.