Apprentice Share (Formerly The Construction GTA) is an organisation that employs and trains apprentices within the construction industry, with a group of construction companies providing placements for the ‘on-the-job’ training. When a trade or work package finishes on one construction project, Apprentice Share will collaborate with all partners to ensure that the apprentice can continue their training on another site, thus reducing the risk of the apprentice becoming ‘displaced’.
An exciting opportunity for a motivated individual has arisen to work with Kier Construction (North), the successful candidate will become part of a small, but busy team and gain various knowledge and skills to enable them to progress with their career. You will be based at the Kier Construction office in the Trafford area of Manchester. You will undertake a one-year training programme working towards NVQ Level 2 in Business Administration with the opportunity for future career development.
Tasks to include: -
- Dealing with clients over the phone, via email and face to face
- Data management
- Use of Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word packages
- General office and clerical duties such as producing emails & letters, scanning, printing and collating documents
- Working with the site teams including the site manger, construction workers and quantity surveyors.
- Other duties as required within an office environment
The ideal candidate will: -
- Be computer literate, have a good level of accuracy when inputting and manipulating data and be familiar with the Microsoft packages (Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Have good interpersonal skills and able to communicate well with others.
- Be committed to high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Maintain a safe working environment in accordance with health and safety regulations and policy
Applicants should have: -
Grades A-D in Maths and English (or equivalent)
Desirable – ICT qualification (or similar)
Job Type: Apprenticeship
Salary: £3.50 /hour
- Secondary education