Export Bootcamp - January 2020

Date: 29/01/2020
Time: 09:30 - 16:30
Borough: Manchester
Contact Name: Pauline Puig
Contact Email: exportbritain@gmchamber.co.uk
Contact Telephone: 0161 393 4350

If your company is successful in the United Kingdom, there is no reason why it wouldn't be overseas. In this current global environment, exporting can also be a way for you to diversify the risks. Exporting businesses are said to be more resilient and 11% more likely to survive than those who don't. 

The UK only accounts for 4% of global GDP, this leaves 96% of the world's potential at your fingertips! 

This full-day course aims to give companies the tools and resources to identify their next market and put together their export action plan to take their businesses to the next level. 

Key Learning Outcomes and Objectives:

During the day, companies will gain an understanding of the below:

  • How to carry out a SWOT and risk analysis
  • What are the challenges when exporting and what to consider?
  • How to carry out market research
  • Which factors to bear in mind when choosing the next export market
  • What export documentation may be required
  • What are the different routes to markets
  • Incoterms 
  • What costs to consider when doing business overseas?
  • Tariff codes, duties and taxes
  • International pricing
  • What are the different methods of payment?
  • How to develop an action plan?

Who can attend:

This course is suitable for new to export and reactive exporters looking to develop their international strategy. This is also useful for more experienced exporters looking to identify their next export market.

Companies are encouraged to send a group of 2-3 delegates (staff involved in the international business development of the business) to the course. Discount applies as below. 


GMCC Members

1 delegate: £250+VAT

2 delegates: £450+VAT

3 delegates: £600+VAT 

Any delegates after 3*: +£100+VAT


1 delegate: £320+VAT

2 delegates: £600+VAT

3 delegates: £750+VAT 

Any delegates after 3*: +£150+VAT

*Maximum of 6 people per company

To book more than one delegate, please email exportbritain@gmchamber.co.uk to benefit from the discounts.

Cancellation Terms

In case you are no longer able to attend this training course, please note you must cancel your place at least 5 working days before the course. The cancellation must be in writing and sent to exportbritain@gmchamber.co.uk indicating the name of the course you are cancelling for and delegate(s) details. If a booking is not cancelled and the delegate does not attend, full event costs will still apply.

For more information, please email exportbritain@gmchamber.co.uk

Pauline Puig
International Trade Officer

| 0161 393 4350

Registration deadline: 27/01/2020

NON MEMBERS £320.00 Excluding VAT
MEMBERS £250.00 Excluding VAT