Exporters completing the right forms at the right time can benefit from smoother customs clearance and achieve an increase in profits.
This course is suitable for people new to international business and experienced companies who may want to refresh their knowledge.
Key learning objectives and outcomes:
- Have an understanding of the role of HMRC, rules of origin and Intra EC trade.
- Have an understanding of customs procedures and the UK trade tariff.
- Which organisation regulates the rules of trade between nations?
- What is an Authorised Economic Operator?
- Understand your VAT responsibilities with regard to Intra-EU trade.
- Understand what is Intrastat and why is it necessary?
- Understand a basic customs entry process and the information used and provided.
- Understand what an EORI is and CPC code.
- Understand customs relief schemes available to imports and exporters
This very detailed and comprehensive course looks at the different procedures required to deal with customs.
Refreshments and training notes will be provided.
This course is accredited by the British Chambers of Commerce and delegates will receive one credit towards the Foundation Award in International Trade. You will need to achieve 6 credits to be awarded with the Export Foundation Award, a nationally recognised qualification.
For more details on any of the above please email email@example.com.
WHO IS THIS SUITABLE FOR?
The course is designed for; Shipping, Accounts, Purchasing/Buyers, Freight Forwarders and Goods Inward staff. This course will equip attendees with the information to be able to understand what is required to comply with customs and if at any time an audit was required, then to be able to be prepared.
More info on the trainer
Jeff Lewis MBA BSc MIEx
Jeff Lewis has worked at all levels of business across a wide range of industries within the UK and International Sales arena. In 2009, Jeff became Managing Director of Resultz Ltd., who are Approved International Trainers and Advisors to the Institute of Export, Chambers of Commerce, plus other independent training organisations delivering public and in-house courses on all aspects of international trade.
Cancellation Terms and Conditions
- In case you are no longer able to attend this event, please note you must cancel your place at least 5 working days before the course. The cancellation must be in writing and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the event you are cancelling from and delegate(s) details.
- If a booking is not cancelled and the delegate does not attend, full event costs will still apply.
- GM Chamber reserves the right to change the programme, presenter, venue and alter or cancel published dates without liability.
Please note: There may be photographs taken at our events that will be used for marketing purposes and on our social media channels. If you do not wish to appear in any of our marketing materials or on our social media channels, please inform a member of the Chamber team at the start of the event.
No itinery to display
Emma Brocklesby – The Pilot Group
Natalie McGuinness – The Pilot Group
Stuart Kay – The Pilot Group
Steve Kelly – The Pilot Group