Exporters completing the right forms at the right time will be able to benefit from smoother customs clearance and achieve an increase in profits.
This course is suitable for people new to international business and experienced companies who may want to refresh their knowledge.
Key learning objectives and outcomes:
- Have an understanding of the role of HMRC, rules of origin and Intra EC trade.
- Have an understanding of customs procedures and the UK trade tariff.
- Which organisation regulates the rules of trade between nations?
- What is an Authorised Economic Operator?
- Understand your VAT responsibilities with regard to Intra-EU trade.
- Understand what is Intrastat and why is it necessary?
- Understand a basic customs entry process and the information used and provided.
- Understand what an EORI is and CPC code.
- Understand customs relief schemes available to imports and exporters
This very detailed and comprehensive course looks at the different procedures required to deal with customs.
Refreshments and training notes will be provided.
This course is accredited by the British Chambers of Commerce and delegates will receive one credit towards the Foundation Award in International Trade. You will need to achieve 6 credits to be awarded with the Export Foundation Award, a nationally recognised qualification.
For more details on any of the above please email email@example.com.
WHO IS THIS SUITABLE FOR?
The course is designed for; Shipping, Accounts, Purchasing/Buyers, Freight Forwarders and Goods Inward staff. This course will equip attendees with the information to be able to understand what is required to comply with customs and if at any time an audit was required, then to be able to be prepared.
More info on the trainer
Jeff Lewis MBA BSc MIEx
Jeff Lewis has worked at all levels of business across a wide range of industries within the UK and International Sales arena. In 2009, Jeff became Managing Director of Resultz Ltd., who are Approved International Trainers and Advisors to the Institute of Export, Chambers of Commerce, plus other independent training organisations delivering public and in-house courses on all aspects of international trade.