Export documents offer the opportunity for exporters to be more efficient, understand the export process better and the requirements for shipment information. Documents are there to help the exporter get goods into the destination market efficiently. They can also offer commercial advantages to the exporter and their overseas partners, resulting in potential increased sales revenue.
This course looks at export documents, why they are used, what is the required and content and the benefits they offer. This course is suitable for all levels of exporters as the information can be used both operationally and commercially.
Key learning objectives and outcomes:
- Be able to understand which documents are necessary for an international shipment.
- Understand the key pieces of information required for each document.
- Understand the importance of preferential trade agreements.
- Understand how to use the relevant documents to comply with the preferential trade.
- How to complete these documents.
- The require certificates for shipping food and drink.
- Understand the rules of origin and certificates of origin.
- Understand customs compliance and information required for audits.
- What is proof of export and what documents can be used to prove this.
- Be able to identify where to go for sources of international information and assistance regarding documentary requirements.
- Understand the difference between the different shipping documents and what they are used for.
Lunch and training notes will be provided.
This course is accredited by the British Chambers of Commerce and delegates will receive one credit towards the Foundation Award in International Trade. You will need to achieve 6 credits to be awarded with the Foundation Award, a nationally recognised qualification.
For more details on any of the above please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This course is suitable for any members of staff who are involved in the preparation of documents for shipments. This is also a useful course for members of the export sales team.
Cancellation Terms and Conditions
- In case you are no longer able to attend this event, please note you must cancel your place at least 5 working days before the course. The cancellation must be in writing and sent to email@example.com indicating the event you are cancelling from and delegate(s) details.
- If a booking is not cancelled and the delegate does not attend, full event costs will still apply.
- GM Chamber reserves the right to change the programme, presenter, venue and alter or cancel published dates without liability.
Please note: There may be photographs taken at our events that will be used for marketing purposes and on our social media channels. If you do not wish to appear in any of our marketing materials or on our social media channels, please inform a member of the Chamber team at the start of the event.
Stephanie Mizera – Hubron International Ltd
Daniel Fordham – Lion Steel Equipment Limited