This one day course covers the 5 main types of payment for exports, from advance payment to open account, including Sight Documentary Collection, Term Documentary Collection and Documentary Letters of Credit. It includes the use of Bills of Exchange with and without documents.
With over 75 percent of first presentations to banks against letters of credit being rejected, businesses are aware of the additional costs discrepancy fees can incur. This course aims to provide delegates with a clear understanding of the procedures required to ensure they receive payments for goods sold.
Upon completing this course delegates will:
- Be able to identify the different methods of payment used in international trade, including the different types of Letters of Credit
- Be able to identify and understand the necessary documentation for payment
- Be able to identify the Letter of Credit procedure and identify the parties to a Letter of Credit
- Be able to comply with the requirements of a Letter of Credit and different methods of payment
This course is accredited by the British Chambers of Commerce and delegates will receive two credit towards a Certificate in International Trade. You will need to achieve 6 credits to be awarded with the Certificate in International Trade, a nationally recognised qualification.
For more details on any of the above please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation Terms and Conditions
- In case you are no longer able to attend this event, please note you must cancel your place at least 5 working days before the course. The cancellation must be in writing and sent to email@example.com indicating the event you are cancelling from and delegate(s) details.
- If a booking is not cancelled and the delegate does not attend, full event costs will still apply.
- GM Chamber reserves the right to change the programme, presenter, venue and alter or cancel published dates without liability.
Please note: There may be photographs taken at our events that will be used for marketing purposes and on our social media channels. If you do not wish to appear in any of our marketing materials or on our social media channels, please inform a member of the Chamber team at the start of the event.
No itinery to display