Duty relief schemes allow you to pay less or no duty on imports and exports from and to non-EU countries. If you’re importing and exporting to a country where there is no Free Trade Agreement in place with the EU, you may be able to apply for one of the schemes below, you can click on the links for more information:
This course will focus on IPR, where goods are imported from outside the EU, processed within the EU and then re-exported outside the EU and OPR, where goods are exported to a country outside the EU for repair or processing and brought back to the EU.
Key learning objectives and outcomes:
- Overview of the Union Customs Code changes since 1st May 2016
- Explanation of how Inward Processing and Outward Processing works
- The advantages of using IPR or OPR
- Overview of the application process for example:
- The different Authorisations
- What is Rate of Yield?
- What is the Economic Test?
- Equivalence ?
- Understand how to use a Bill of Discharge to HMRC
- Be aware of the key information that should be on the customs entry
- Customs Procedure Codes
- Authorisation Numbers
- Customs Guarantees
This course is accredited by the British Chambers of Commerce and delegates will receive one credit towards the Foundation Award in International Trade. You will need to achieve 6 credits to be awarded with the Foundation Award, a nationally recognised qualification.
WHO IS THIS SUITABLE FOR?
The course is designed for; Shipping, Accounts, Purchasing/Buyers, Freight Forwarders and Goods Inward staff.
No itinery to display