Every manager should have an understanding of their responsibilities when it comes to health and safety. This flexible course is ideal for getting managers up-to-speed on the skills they need to tackle safety and health issues in the workplace.
Who needs this qualification?
Managing safely® is designed for managers and supervisors in any sector, and any organisation. They won’t suddenly become safety experts- but they’ll get up-to-speed on the practical actions they need to take and gain the knowledge and tools to tackle the safety and health issues they’re responsible for.
Why is this training important?
The role managers and supervisors play in maintaining workplace health and safety cannot be understated. Often, they are on the front line of day-to-day health and safety management issues. Therefore, having confident and competent managers is vital to the smooth running of all businesses. The benefits include:
- Peace of mind offered by training that’s quality-controlled by IOSH
- Not too much downtime- our course is delivered flexibly so that it suits your business
- Efficient and effective learning
- Nationally recognised and respected certificate
- Memorable and thought-provoking facts and case studies help drive the points home
· Assessing risks
· Controlling risks
· Understanding responsibilities
· Understanding hazards
· Investigating incidents
· Measuring performance
· Protecting our environment
Upon completion of the course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the legal responsibilities and duties for health and safety within their organisation
- Identify hazards, assess risks and complete risk assessment documents
- Implement and manage effective risk control measures
- Have an overview of health and safety management systems
- Know the potential hazards of substances used in the workplace
- Understand how to control and mitigate workplace hazards such as equipment, machinery, electricity, fire, and ergonomic issues
- Investigate workplace incidents, accidents and near misses
- Recognise the importance of monitoring and measuring health and safety performance
- Understand environmental responsibilities
- Develop and implement emergency response plans
Certificated by: IOSH
Duration: 3 days
Assessment: Multiple choice exam & Risk Assessment project
Validity of award: An IOSH Managing Safely® certificate does not expire however IOSH recommends refreshing your knowledge every 3 years.
Learner-to-trainer ratio: Maximum 12 learners per trainer
Included in the price:
- Interactive and engaging course
- IOSH Managing Safely® Qualification & certificate
- Course manual & materials
- Access to FREE resources including Appointed Persons posters for your workplace
- Access to our customer portal to view your bookings, download previous certificates and generate training reports of your employees
- Automatic email reminders for certificate expiries
Members use the following discount code: 65B94C49 when booking through the attached link.
No itinery to display