Your organisation has a legal duty to manage asbestos and ensure the safety of all affected by your work. This course will show you how to do this in a practical way to reassure all concerned. You will find this course invaluable in giving your staff the tools to enable your business, no matter what size, to carry out its duties in respect of asbestos legislation and compliance.
Who needs this Qualification?
This course is directed at those who manage non-domestic premises; the people with responsibility for protecting others who work in such premises, or use them in other ways, from the risks to ill health that exposure to asbestos causes.
Why is this training important?
The revised Approved Code of Practice ‘ACOP L143 Managing and working with asbestos’ contains updated information about the requirements to manage asbestos under regulation 4 CAR 2012. The course includes asbestos awareness but focuses on compliance and how to manage asbestos-containing materials within your premises.
• Awareness and training requirements for staff and contractors
• HSG264 the surveyors guide
• Understanding asbestos surveys
• Emergency procedures
• Asbestos legislation
• Surveyor training and accreditation
• Survey planning
• Managing asbestos in buildings
Upon completion of the course, learners will be able to:
- Identify the requirements of the Duty to Manage Asbestos in non-domestic premises
- Understand the requirements for asbestos surveying and the differing types of surveys
- Outline the requirements and contents of asbestos survey reports
- Outline the requirements and contents of asbestos management plans
- Outline licensable, non-licensable and notifiable non-licensable work with asbestos and the requirements for each
Certificated by: IATP
Duration: 1 day
Assessment: Multiple choice exam
Validity of award: 1 year
Delivery format: Live online
Included in the price:
• Interactive and engaging course
• Qualification & digital certificate
• Course manual & materials
• Access to FREE resources including Appointed Persons posters for your workplace
• Access to our customer portal to view your bookings, download previous certificates and generate training reports of your employees
• Automatic email reminders for certificate expiries
No itinery to display