Asbestos awareness training is legally required for workers and supervisors who may be exposed to asbestos containing materials (ACMs) during their work but is not required to work with or remove asbestos. This training is designed to provide information on how to avoid work that may disturb asbestos. If a worker is planning on carrying out work that will disturb asbestos, further training will be required in addition to asbestos awareness. Successful completion of the course will demonstrate a basic awareness of asbestos and compliance with Regulation 10 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations. 2012.
Who needs this Qualification?
Asbestos Awareness training is designed for employees whose work could expose them to asbestos. The training is also useful for anyone requiring a better understanding of the basic elements of asbestos and is a good ‘stepping stone’ to more in-depth courses.
Occupations that may require asbestos awareness training include (but are not limited to):
• Construction workers
• Demolition workers
• Heating engineers
• Painters and decorators
Why is this training important?
Asbestos awareness training helps promote a safe work environment and enables participants to recognise and report potential hazards, ensuring that appropriate precautions are taken to prevent exposure and protect workers' health.
• Module 1a: History and Properties of Asbestos
• Module 1b: Health Effects of Asbestos
• Module 2: Types, Uses and Likely Occurrences of ACMs
• Module 3: Avoiding the Risk of Exposure
• Module 4: Legislation
Upon completion of the course, learners will have:
• An understand of the legislation relating to asbestos
• An understanding of how asbestos can damage your health
• Knowledge on how to decipher the types, uses and likely occurrences of asbestos
• An understanding of the use of Management Plans to prevent asbestos fibre disturbance
• Knowledge of emergency procedures
Certificated by: IATP
Duration: Half day
Assessment: Multiple choice exam
Validity of award: 1 year
Delivery formats: Live online
Included in the price:
• Interactive and engaging course
• Qualification & digital certificate
• Course manual & materials
• Access to FREE resources including Appointed Persons posters for your workplace
• Access to our customer portal to view your bookings, download previous certificates and generate training reports of your employees
• Automatic email reminders for certificate expiries
No itinery to display