Some goods might be the result of production in more than one country and it might be difficult to try and determine the correct country of origin.
This half day course takes a detailed look at rules of origin. It is easy to get confused about rules of origin and this session aims to provide clarity and provide delegates with the distinction between Preference and Non-Preferential trade.
Learning Outcomes – Upon completing this course delegates will:
- Have an understanding of the difference between Preference and Non-Preference Origin.
- Have an understanding of the rules determining preference rules of origin.
- Have an understanding of the percentage rule and how to apply it.
This course is accredited by the British Chambers of Commerce and delegates will receive one credit towards the Foundation Award in International Trade. You will need to achieve 6 credits to be awarded with the Foundation Award, a nationally recognised qualification.
Refreshments and training notes will be provided.
This course is designed for
Shipping, Accounts, Purchasing/Buyers, Freight Forwarders and Goods Inward staff.
For more details on any of the above please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More info on the trainer
Jeff Lewis MBA BSc MIEx
Jeff Lewis has worked at all levels of business across a wide range of industries within the UK and International Sales arena. In 2009, Jeff became Managing Director of Resultz Ltd., who are Approved International Trainers and Advisors to the Institute of Export, Chambers of Commerce, plus other independent training organisations delivering public and in-house courses on all aspects of international trade.
Cancellation Terms and Conditions
- In case you are no longer able to attend this event, please note you must cancel your place at least 5 working days before the course. The cancellation must be in writing and sent to email@example.com indicating the event you are cancelling from and delegate(s) details.
- If a booking is not cancelled and the delegate does not attend, full event costs will still apply.
- GM Chamber reserves the right to change the programme, presenter, venue and alter or cancel published dates without liability.
Please note: There may be photographs taken at our events that will be used for marketing purposes and on our social media channels. If you do not wish to appear in any of our marketing materials or on our social media channels, please inform a member of the Chamber team at the start of the event.
Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce
Manchester M3 3WD
No itinery to display