This half-day training course covers all the key elements of the Tariff/Commodity Code.
The course will highlight commercial implications of the correct use of the Tariff/Commodity code and why it is so important to have a good understanding of them, which will help towards successful and efficient global business.
Key learning objectives:
- Explanation and importance of the Tariff
- How a Tariff/Commodity code is made up
- Determining the correct code for your products
- The export process and customs information requirements
- Shipments to the EU
- Tariff and Trade Agreements
- The Rules of Origin and how to comply and benefit from them
- EUR1 compliance
- BREXIT Impact
- Tariff and Export Licences
- Landed cost analysis
- How to work out the costs of your products in export markets
- Checking overseas tariffs for import compliance and competitiveness
- Sources of information
This course is designed for people who may be new to exporting plus experienced business people who may need to keep up with industry updates.
More info on the trainer
Jeff Lewis MBA BSc MIEx
Jeff Lewis has worked at all levels of business across a wide range of industries within the UK and International Sales arena. In 2009, Jeff became Managing Director of Resultz Ltd., who are Approved International Trainers and Advisors to the Institute of Export, Chambers of Commerce, plus other independent training organisations delivering public and in-house courses on all aspects of international trade.
Cancellation Terms and Conditions
- In case you are no longer able to attend this event, please note you must cancel your place at least 5 working days before the course. The cancellation must be in writing and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the event you are cancelling from and delegate(s) details.
- If a booking is not cancelled and the delegate does not attend, full event costs will still apply.
- GM Chamber reserves the right to change the programme, presenter, venue and alter or cancel published dates without liability.
Please note: There may be photographs taken at our events that will be used for marketing purposes and on our social media channels. If you do not wish to appear in any of our marketing materials or on our social media channels, please inform a member of the Chamber team at the start of the event.
No itinery to display