Are you passionate about art? Do you want to want to support local talent? If so, there are exclusive opportunities to support this year’s Greater Manchester Contemporary Arts Prize and help artists get their big break.
Greater Manchester Chamber launched the Arts Prize in 2016, working in collaboration with the International 3 and Castlefield Gallery.
The aim is to attract professional visual artists to apply for a high-profile prize, which will give them exposure to the business community.
The Arts Prize has attracted approximately 220 entries each year from around 90 artists, with the professional judging panel identifying around 25 shortlisted artists each year.
The Chamber exhibits the work of the shortlisted artists for the prize and these exhibitions have attracted over 600 business visitors per year, resulting in many sales of artwork.
The prize has identified new and emerging artistic talent, with both the 2016 runner-up, Ruby Tingle, and the 2017 winner, Helen Davies (pictured with Craig Charles), launching their professional careers as a direct result of the prize.
At the same time, the prize has helped progress the careers of contemporary artists, with the 2016 winner, Andrew Brookes, going on to have several solo exhibitions in spaces such as Bruntwood’s Neo Building and getting sponsorship from Trans Pennine Express.
The 2016/2017 runner-up, Iain Andrews, will be holding an international solo exhibition at Van der Plas Gallery, New York this year.
New for 2018, the work by artists shortlisted for this year’s Arts Prize will be displayed in an exhibition at Stockport War Memorial Art Gallery, with the winner being presented with their award at the Chamber’s Annual Dinner on 17th May, which will be attended by over 800 representatives from the business community.
Arts Prize Headline Sponsor is exclusively limited to one sponsor and costs £8,000.
- Invite to Sponsors’ Reception
- Full placement of logo on all digital, printed and other material associated with the event, including publicity material at the event itself
- Table for 10 at the Annual Dinner
- Opportunity to present the award at the Chamber’s Annual Dinner
- Two VIP Tickets to the Greater Manchester Arts Prize Exhibition Launch
- Full placement of logo included in all exhibition literature
- Promotion and branding included on the Greater Manchester Arts Prize website and Chamber website
- The details of the headline sponsor will be included on all media releases concerning the Arts Prize. Additionally, the sponsor's branding will be included on all material associated with the event (subject to deadlines)
- Inclusion across Chamber's social media channels (30,000+ followers across Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram), including the dedicated Arts Prize Twitter & Instagram account
- Up to £850 discount on the following: Chamber Membership or Chamber Space Meetings & Events Centre
For more information about this and other sponsorship opportunities, email firstname.lastname@example.org.