If you are having problems filling a job vacancy, Greater Manchester Chamber can help you put in a bid to a new scheme set up to help find work for young people.
The Kickstart Scheme is a £2 billion fund set up by the Chancellor to create hundreds of thousands of high quality six-month work placements for young people.
Through the scheme you’ll be able to access a large pool of young people with potential, ready for an opportunity.
Bids must be for a minimum of 30 job placements. If you don’t have this many or even just a single vacancy, get in touch with the Chamber and we can help you partner with other organisations and make a bid on your behalf. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employers from all industries and across the private, public and voluntary sectors can get involved.
The job placements created with Kickstart funding must be new jobs. They must not:
- replace existing or planned vacancies
- cause existing employees or contractors to lose or reduce their employment
The roles you are bidding for must be:
- a minimum of 25 hours per week, for six months
- paid at least the National Minimum Wage for their age group
- should not require people to undertake extensive training before they begin the job placement
All bids should include how you will help the participants to develop their skills and experience with:
- support to look for long-term work
- support with CV and interview preparation
- training to develop their skills, such as team work, organisation and communications as part of the role
For more information, click here.