On a very sunny winters day over 60 local businesses enjoyed an informative morning at the Go Electric! GM Ride and Drive event at Multiply Logistics North hosted by Harworth Group. This event was the second TfGM EV roadshow in association with Greater Manchester Chamber and Lets Experience Electric.
The morning included just over an hour for presentations including:
- An update from TfGM on their recent announcements on the Clean Air Zone proposal, strategic transport plans and their significant investment in expanding the charging infrastructure.
- A review of EV infrastructure and technology from the Energy Saving Trust who promoted their free fleet audits to identify EV fleet savings.
- An overview from Paul Clarke (Green Car Guide) of the latest EV car/van releases. Of particular interest was the news that with ranges now close to 300 miles 'range anxiety' could now be a thing of the past.
- A panel discussion with TfGM, Paul Clarke, Energy Saving Trust and Iveco then took questions from the audience relating to the role of HGV and Gas alternatives, the changing rates of BIK for company car tax and grant funding available to businesses to make the conversion.
Outside attendees took the opportunity to try out and drive a selection of vehicles including:
- Alternate Gas HGV’s from Iveco,
- Electric vans from Iveco, LDV and Nissan,
- Electric bikes and scooters from I Cycle and Ginger
- Electric industrial vehicles from Bradshaw EV and a full range of hybrids and full EVs from Tesla, BMW, Nissan and Kia.
The next events are now at:
Stockport on 6th March at the Avro Heritage Museum - book your tickets here
Wigan on the 14th March At Leigh Sports Village - book tickets here