Market Place, Bolton is celebrating February half term, with six days of free superhero themed fun for everyone, from Monday 19th to Saturday 24th February.
The event will take place on the ground floor mall and will be run by a team of superheroes against an awesome skyscraper backdrop.
On arrival at the event, children will undergo their transformations - with the opportunity to dress up as some of their favourite characters for the day in a Superman-style phone box. On Monday 19th, Friday 23rd and Saturday 24th face painters will also be on hand for superhero makeovers.
There is different interactive workshop activity planned for each day of the event, giving families the opportunity to return each day and be able to enjoy a whole new experience.
- On Monday 19th February the superkids will be making their very own cape to take home.
- On Tuesday 20th February they’ll be creating their very own mask to hide their true identity.
- On Wednesday 21st February the team will be re-energising the little superheroes with a cookie decorating workshop, after which they get to take their creations home.
- On Thursday 22nd February the kids will complete their superhero identity with a shield and sword making workshop.
- Friday 23rd February is superhero graduation day. Kids can enjoy a day filled with lots of hero games, going up against the grown-ups, with the chance to win some super sweets and, at the end collect their superhero certificate, complete with their new superhero name!
- On Saturday 24th February superhero training camp may be over, but the fun will continue, as children will have the opportunity to decorate their very own superhero cupcake to take home.
There will be plenty of opportunities for parents to take photos of their super-kids posing against the city skyline, demonstrating their strength lifting some seriously big pretend weights and boulders or enjoying all the action of the creative workshops.
Nikki Wilson-Cook, Centre Manager, Market Place, said: "“We’re really excited about our Superhero Spectacular. The theme is one that spans the generations and we’re sure that people of all ages will enjoy the action. Plus it provides the perfect opportunity to keep the kids entertained during the half term break – whatever the weather.”