Join Our Award-Winning Team
We can give you an exciting and rewarding career. By joining us at the Chamber, you can make a real difference to people's lives and the success of businesses. We are passionate about recruiting the right people to develop, deliver and drive forward our ever-expanding list of services.
Our continued success is down to our most valuable asset; our staff. We have a long-standing accreditation against the Investors in People standard. We offer staff opportunities to thrive and develop with comprehensive training and development as well as generous reward and benefits packages. If you want to succeed in your career, we can nurture your talent.
Vacancies at Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce will be posted below.
Export Documentation Adviser
Based at: Elliot House, 151 Deansgate, Manchester, M3 3WD and/or Manchester Airport Office as per business requirements.
Working hours: Full Time (37.5 hours per week, 9.00 – 17.00 core hours) or Part time (at least 2 days).
Salary: £17K-£25K per annum depending on skills and experience (pro-rata if part-time).
Other Benefits: On successful completion of probation time, employees can join the pension scheme, opt in for the private medical insurance scheme, take part in the flexible working scheme, access 25 days of holiday which increases subject to length of service.
Deadline Application: Apply by 3rd July 2019. Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com . Please ensure you explain in your cover letter how your current knowledge and skills set are applicable/transferable to this role and how you can add value to the team. **Applications without a cover letter WILL NOT be considered**
Interviews: Taking place in July 2019, looking to start in August/September. Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive, we are only able to provide feedback to candidates who have been invited to the interview stage.
A unique opportunity has opened up to join our award-winning International Trade team. This role will help influence, shape and drive sustained growth across our wide range of international trade services, with special focus on Export Documentation and Technical Consultancy Services. The overall aim is to help UK and overseas companies thrive in international markets creating positive changes through the delivery of our service offer.
This is a busy and fast-paced environment where team working as well as effective self-management are key to keeping up with multiple internal and external deadlines; and a can-do and solutions-oriented mindset are key.
· Providing high quality practical advice, support and guidance to members and clients regarding their export documentation requirements and related processes; as well as making relevant referrals to approved suppliers, associates or strategic partners.
· Accurate processing and certification of International Trade documentation for customers and members on behalf of the Chamber in line with our customer service and GDPR policies.
· Leading on the delivery of a specific project, activity and/or service as per the team's requirements, including technical consultancy services and others. This also includes support with marketing and sales.
1) Providing high quality information and practical advice to customers and members in relation to documentation, and general international trade queries.
2) Processing international trade documentation in line with UK / EU Regulations ensuring these are accurate and in line with the Chamber’s quality assurance processes and policies. These would include European Community certificates of origin, Arab and Egyptian Legalisation documents, HM Revenue and Customs Movement certificates.
3) Leading on a specific project, activity and/or service as per team’s requirements ensuring effective implementation.
4) Increasing the number of companies registered and/or using online accounts on the e-z Cert platform as per the British Chambers of Commerce's requirements.
5) Maintenance of accurate financial and other records in connection with this function, including CRM tracking, invoicing and payments received.
6) Ordering and maintaining stocks of consular invoices and other relevant export documentation forms.
7) Renewing and updating annually the Formal Undertakings given by exporters and agents to the Chamber.
8) Active promotion and sales support of all the Chamber’s International Trade services especially Export Documentation and technical consultancy. As well as providing ideas and influencing the development of new services.
9) To provide, as and when requested, clerical and technical support to the wider International Trade team and other Chamber teams. This may include participating in events, training courses, one-to-one management or new business meetings, etc.
10) Ensure that queries which cannot be answered by the team are logged in CRM, the international trade referral spreadsheet and referred via email to relevant associates, approved suppliers, strategic partners or international patrons in a timely manner.
11) Undertake relevant training and development as and when needed to enable the duties of this post can be carried out successfully.
Other Required Skills
· Customer services and relationship building
· Able to work to a high standard of accuracy, with attention to detail
· Team working
· Proactivity and effective self-management
· Highly competent use of IT
· Highly organised and able to meet deadlines
· Able to work under pressure
· Desire to learn
1) Work experience in the delivery of Export Documentation processes will be an advantage but not essential. We welcome candidates with no experience who are willing to learn on the job through formal training and practical experience. It is expected that you will gain export certification skills within 12 months.
2) Work diligently to meet the requirements of the job.
3) Always seek to achieve the highest quality standards and follow the Chamber’s quality assurance operating procedures.
4) Contribute to the Chamber’s commitment to work with a commercial mindset.
5) Participate in internal/external meetings and training when required.
6) Ensure that all relevant policies, procedures and working practices are always adhered to.
7) Participate positively on one-to-one appraisals.
8) Work in accordance with the Chamber’s culture, values, aims and objectives.
9) Always act as an ambassador of the Chamber when dealing with members, customers and representing the business.
10) Contribute in creating and maintaining a positive teamwork environment, taking ownership of issues and supporting colleagues where appropriate.
11) Be flexible and willing to undertake any other duties that may be reasonably required.