UK EUR1 Movement Certificate
Due to our team receiving a large number of enquiries about applications, we are kindly asking customers to refrain from chasing the team about the 'approval' of your application(s) unless the processing /turnaround time for the service you chose is up. This will help us reducing bottlenecks and provide a better service to you. So before phoning, emailing or coming by our office, can we ask customers to please:
1. Check our certification services levels first and if you require a quick turnaround, please opt for our priority, premium priority or walk in services in your application.
2. Refresh your e-cert browser regularly so you have the latest status on your application
3. If you chose standard service or priority, please note we normally send post on 1st class, if you require royal mail tracked special delivery, make sure you choose this option on your application under 'Delivery methods'. We also ask customers to regularly check Royal Mail updates about potential strikes, as these will affect our delivery times.
4. When you also require legalisation and apostille services, please note these will add additional 5-10 business days to your application.
If the processing time is up for your application, then please do email us in the first instance clearly indicating the application number. A member of our team will get back to you as soon as they can providing an update.
We thank you in advance for your understanding.
GMCC Trade Team
Last updated: March 2023
This is a preference document which is used by UK companies to support claims for nil or preferential duty rates at the country of importation which the UK has a trade agreement with. GM Chamber is authorised by HM Revenue & Customs to issue EUR1s Certificates and we can work with any exporter across the UK.
- Make sure you have your HS code/commodity code at hand for the products you are exporting, and if in doubt you can check the UK's Tariff tool
- Using the UK's How to export online tool, verify if there is a trade agreement in place with the country of importation and what rules of origin you must comply with to access nil or reduced duties, as well as what proof you must provide to your importer
- Email the team at email@example.com or call at 0161 393 4314 | 489 3170 to order some forms.
- Please refer to our certification service levels before submitting. If you need these urgently, make sure to opt for our priority or premium priority.
- Companies can apply manually using some blank forms ordered from us, or via e-Cert.
- When submitting via eCert, you can opt for Express (accepted by most countries) or Standard. For a list of countries for which only standard application can be made, click here. You will need to have blank forms from us, pre-sign and return.
Should you require an agent authority letter for your EUR1 document please see a template for this here - please note this must be reproduced on your business' own letterhead.
Q – Where can I use the UK EUR1?
A – They are only to be used for UK established trade agreements where proof of origin requires an EUR1 certificate. This is used for preferential market access.
Q – What if an “Issued Retrospectively” EU EUR1 needs to be raised?
A – Yes, you can apply for a retrospective EUR1. Please refer for further guidance to Customs Notice 827, Section 3.11 (Get proof of origin for your goofs) for further details.
Q – Can a duplicate UK EUR1 be applied for?
A – If your certificate has been lost, destroyed or stolen, you can ask for a duplicate which will be exactly the same as the one previously processed. You will need to declare in writing that you no longer have the original but will surrender it immediately to us if it becomes available later.
Q – Does EU content go towards the preference rule?
A – You will need to check if there is a Trade Agreement in place and then what specific rules of origin apply to that agreement and your specific product. You can check what Trade agreements are in effect here. You can also check the UK Export Gov Tool for specifics to your products here.
For more guidance about rules of origin, check our International Trade Hub with hand picked guidance which can help you understand further or considering attending our RoO training course. For upcoming courses, click here
Q – Are we able to raise ATRs for Turkey?
A – We no longer issue ATRs for Turkey since the 31st December 2020. Please click here to read more information about Trading with Turkey
Q - Which countries I can use UK EUR1s with?
A - Using your commodity code(s), check the 'UK's Government How to Export tool' to verify what origin documentation is needed when exporting to an specific country.
Q - What countries do not accept electronic signature and therefore only standard applications can be accepted?
Chile, Egypt, Iceland, Israel, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Mexico, Norway, Serbia, Switzerland, Tunisia, Ukraine. (Correct as of Feb 2022).
Q- What are the prices for your services?
A - Please check our latest pricing list here
Q - How to complete a Movement Certificate - EUR & EUR-MED?
A - Use our how to complete guide or also follow the guide on our eCert platform. If you are new to using our services, you can book up to 45 minutes one to one with a member of the team to walk you through the online application. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note fees apply.
Book a one to one session with a member of our team emailing us at email@example.com or call 0161 393 4314, or visit our Event's section to check what UK COOs and EUR1 Step by Step workshops we have coming up.
If you have other enquiries about your application email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to high volume of queries, please take note that if you apply for a standard services, our turnaround is 48 hrs, so please check e-Cert before following up with our team on email or over the phone.
We value your feedback and is paramount to us for improving our services. Please complete this short 1-min satisfaction survey.